We’ve definitely had our fair share of super amazing activities and crafts made out of cardboard boxes, cereal boxes, poster boards and more!
Here are some of our crafts with cardboard that we have tried and truly loved:
And, so much more!
Related: Looking for more of our easy cardboard crafts for kids? Type “cardboard box” on the search bar on our website.
Easy things to make with cardboard
There are so many fun and simple cardboard DIYs for kids and cool cardboard crafts and ideas out there!
You can literally make SO many things out of cardboard.
What can I make out of cardboard?
Here are some ideas:
A cardboard box car
A cardboard box early learning toy
Cardboard box memory game
Cardboard Box Gingerbread House
Cardboard Box Coloring
Cardboard fish craft for decorating on
Cardboard box Christmas tree
Cardboard box story cards
Cardboard box nesting toy
Cardboard box puzzle
And, so much more!
What other fun cardboard box ideas can you think of? Or, maybe there is something that you have tried for yourself! Share with me below!
What can you make out of small cardboard boxes?
Small cardboard boxes are also really fun to work with.
If you are trying to create a set of fun cardboard crafts that are much smaller, you can ditch the bigger box to work with what you have that is specific to your needs.
With small cardboard boxes, some ideas are:
Learning about colors cardboard projects
Kids easy crafts such as threading with noodles on a cardboard cutout
Crafts from cardboard such as a fun sticker maze activity
What are some other fun cardboard ideas you’ve maybe tried or are thinking of trying out for fun smaller box craft ideas for kids?
How do you make cardboard toys at home?
Cardboard DIY toys can be one of the easiest things to create for your littles.
It doesn’t have to be perfect and it can all start with cutting out squares out of a cardboard cutout.
And, easy DIY cardboard toy, would be to add two sets of stickers to those squares and create a fun memory game out of this.
How do you play?
Turn the cards over so that the sticker is not showing.
Then, turn over two only. If the stickers are different turn them back around and pick another 2 to turn over until you find a pair.
Once you find a pair, set those aside and keep playing until you find another pair.
As you turn them over a few times, you will begin to gain memory of where some of them are.
This is called a memory game and one of the easiest projects with cardboard I could think of right now that you can possibly try making out of cardboard! 🙂
Related: Here is a fun Big and Small Carboard cutout DIY toy I made so my LO learns a bit of her shapes while gaining the benefits of fine motor play!
What can I make from cardboard boxes?
So many fun things!
I will be sharing below some of the very best cardboard crafts and ideas out there so that you can have a list of ideas you can come back to if needed.
Save those cardboard boxes!
It’s going to be so much fun! 🙂
Ready for some easy cardboard crafts for you to try at home?
Here is a list of ideas to pick from..
Let’s get into them!
Cardboard Crafts for Toddlers
1. Rainbow Fish Craft for Toddlers – Active Littles
2. Nesting Toy DIY crafts kids idea – Active Littles
3. Cardboard Puzzles – Happy Toddler Playtime
4. DIY Toddler Cardboard Toy – Fun at Home with Kids
5. Truck Painting – Happily Ever Mom
6. Cardboard Dino Craft – The Imagination Tree
7. Farm Yard Sensory Barn – Crayon Box Chronicles
8. Painting in a Box – Simple Fun for Kids
9. Toddler Play with Ramp – Simple Fun for Kids
10. Shoebox Cardboard Posting Activity – Active Littles
Cardboard Activities for Preschoolers
1. DIY Chicka Boom Boom Activity – Active Littles
2. The Very Hungry Caterpillar cardboard box ideas – Active Littles
3. Hammering Numbers – Happily Ever Mom
4. Paper Towel Roll Pom Pom Challenge – Raising Dragons
5. Learn Colors – Happy Tot Shelf
6. Cardboard Box Ball Track – Frugal Fun 4 Boys
7. Cardboard Space Shuttle – Mama Smiles
8. Cardboard Mailbox – I Kat Bag
9. Easy Construction Pom Pom Paper Activity – Active Littles
10. Alphabet Cardboard Box ideas for crafts – Active Littles
Easy Things to Make out of Cardboard
1. Simple Fish Cardboard box Craft – Active Littles
2. Cardboard Nail Salon – Happy Toddler Playtime
3. Cardboard Color Hunt – Raising Dragons
4. Dandelion Frame – Little Pine Learners
5. DIY Cardboard Art Easel – Art Bar Blog
6. Cardboard Box Train – Mama Smiles
7. Fire Breathing Dragon Toilet Paper Roll – Laughing Kids Learn
8. Milk Carton Crafts – Hello Wonderful
9. Monster Feet – Merry Cherry
10. DIY Alphabet Road – Parenting Chaos
Kids Crafts Ideas for Early Learning
1. Letter Match box crafts for kids – Active Littles
2. Shape Sort Craft kid ideas – Active Littles
3. Rain Cloud Counting – Active Littles
4. Simple Rainbow Weaving – Days with Grey
5. Parts of a Flower Learning DIY Toy – Happy Tot Shelf
6. Water Cycle for Kids – Montessori from the Heart
7. Toilet Paper Roll Crayons – The Best Ideas for Kids
8. Cart Wheel Garage – Frugal Fun 4 Boys
9. Flower Petal Sun Catchers – Art and Soul Preschool
10. Cardboard Dinosaur Craft – Parenting Chaos
How to Make a Cardboard House and More
1. Cardboard Haunted House – Happy Toddler Playtime
2. Stuffed Animal House – Toddler Approved
3. Cardboard Rocket Ship – Little Binds for Little Hands
4. DIY Cardboard Plane – Hello Wonderful
5. Cardboard Box Makeover – Cornerstone Confessions
6. Recycled Cardboard Dollhouse – My Cakies
7. Cardboard Camper – Merry Bright
8. Cardboard Car – Childhood 101
9. Cardboard Box Elevator – Repeat Crafter Me
10. Cardboard Castle – A Beautiful Mess
DIY Projects with Cardboard
1. Shape Threading Fun Kids Crafts – Active Littles
2. Cardboard Box Cake – Busy Toddler
3. Cardboard Butterfly Wings – Fun at Home with Kids
4. Cardboard Cutout Puzzle – Happy Hooligans
5. Cardboard Christmas Tree – Days with Grey
6. Cardboard Nature Display – Little Pine Learners
7. Cardboard Tube Marble Run – Little Bins For Little Hands
8. Make a Laptop out of cardboard – Montessori from the Heart
9. Jet Pack Cardboard Costume – Hello Wonderful
10. Cardboard Tube Racing Car Craft – Kids Craft Room
11. Kids Cardboard Fine Motor Activity Dashboard – Lalymom
12. Tiny Cardboard Gingerbread Houses – Little Red Window
Ideas for Crafts for Kids
1. Giant Painting cardboard craft – Busy Toddler
2. Cardboard Tube Tree – Emma Owl
3. Dinosaur Cardboard Art – Toddler Approved
4. Cardboard Tube Jellyfish – Buggy and Buddy
5. Tissue Paper Flowers – Buggy and Buddy
6. Build a Bridge fun craft with kids – Inspiration Laboratories
7. Cereal Box Aquarium – The Best Ideas for Kids
8. Cardboard Tube Family Craft – Fantastic Fun and Learning
9. Cardboard Pirate Ship – Molly Moo
10. DIY Rainbow Cardboard for kids – Hello Wonderful
I hope you enjoyed this epic list of cardboard projects for kids, easy kids crafts and activities with boxes for kids!
If you try any of these out, please share below!